of the German Society of Humangenetics
Austrian Society of Humangenetics (ÖGH)
and the Swiss Society of Medical Genetics (SGMG)
6th - 8th March 2019
Abstract submission find login here
Abstract-Deadline: 7.11.2018, 24:00
End of Early Bird Registration: 8.1.2019
- Basic Mechanisms and Epigenetics
- Cancer Genetics
- Clinical Genetics, Genetic Counselling and Prenatal Diagnosis
- Complex Diseases, Population & Evolutionary Genetics and Genetic Epidemiology
- Cytogenetics and CNVs
- Monogenic Disease – from Gene Identification to Molecular Mechanism
- Technology and Bioinformatics
- Therapy for Genetic Diseases
Abstract Submission and Reviewing Process
Username and password used for abstract submission for the last GfH Meeting in Münster 2018 are not longer valid. Please apply for new ones! If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please insert the text of your abstarct in English with max 3.000 characters in a respective field. For a successlful sumbission please make sure that typos or grammar mistakes are abscent in the text. As soon as you have entered the text, it will be saved automatically and displayed in the window on the login page of our abstract portal. Until the deadline (7.11.2018) you can access and edit your abstract(s).
Please be aware:
in case of description of a new disease gene please mention the name of the gene in abstract if you are applying for a presentation. Otherwise, if the name of the gene is not mentioned in abstract, this will be automatically categorized as a poster.
All accepted abstracts will be published in the journal medizinischegenetik, edition 1-2019.
GfH Awards 2019
The German Society of Human Genetics offers 1 Presentation Award 2019 and 3 Poster Awards 2019 for excellent research presentations of young investigators:
GfH Presentation Award 2019
The best oral presentation of "4 Selected Presentations" will be selected for the GfH Presentation Award 2019, awarded on Friday (March 8th, 2019). All young scientists submitting oral presentations are encouraged to apply.
GfH Poster Awards 2019
The best scored abstracts, which could not be selected for oral presentation, will compete for the 3 GfH Poster Awards 2019. The prizes will be awarded on Friday ( March 8th, 2019).
|The procedure in 2019 for the "GfH Poster Award Selection" is the following:
These awards will only be available for those young scientists who - at the time of abstract submission -
a) are not older than 35 years of age
(time-off for the purposes of child care will be taken into account) and
b) got their MD/PhD degree during the previous five years /
or currently performing their PhD or MD work, respectively
c) submitted their abstract in the category "oral presentation".
All abstracts submitted as oral presentation will be reviewed:
1. The 4 best abstracts will be selected for the category "Selected Presentations". The scientist with the best presentation will receive the GfH-Presentation Award 2019 and submit his/her lecture as written contribution to be published in the journal medizinischegenetik (in German; <25.000 characters).
2. The next most highly ranked 54 abstracts will be selected as presentations in the category "Workshop" (W1-W9).
3. All those abstracts that have been submitted as oral presentations but could not be accepted as oral presentations will be selected for the GfH Poster Awards 2019 under the condition (a-c). The selection process follows two steps: 1) 20 of the highest ranked posters will be selected and 2) reviewed again on site during the poster presentation to finally present the best three posters of the GfH Meeting 2019 in Weimar.
During the reviewing process the following criteria will be taken into account:
A) scientific topic, scientific research probleme
B) structure and layout of the poster presentation
C) oral presentation of data
D) discussion (Could all questions be answered sufficiently?)
|All scientists who apply for an oral presentation - irrespective of whether or not their abstract will be accepted as oral presentation or as poster - will be invited to stay until the end of our meeting.
Feedback on submitted abstracts
Announcement of results on submitted abstracts - in which format (Poster, Oral presentation) and whether an abstarct was accepted - will take place on the 18.12.2018.
(Early-bird registration for the GfH-Meeting ends on the 8.1.2019.)
Information for presentation formats
... only as „Power Point“. In order to avoid any formatting and other problems, all presenters are requested to submit their presentation saved on the CD-R / DVD / USB stick at least three hours before the start of their session to the Media Check. There presenters have an opportunity to check their presentation.The location of our media check will be signposted. If you work with Apple applications, please check the compatibility with windows requirements.
... max. 90 x 120 cm; all posters will be presented for the whole duration of the meeting. The posters can be attached to the special pinboards on Wednesday, March 6th, 2019 from 1:00 pm CET. The dismantling of posters should not start before Friday, March 8th, 2019 1:00 pm CET. Please remove your poster on Friday between 1:00 pm and 3:30 pm CET. All posters that have not been dismantled and removed at this time will be removed by authorised representatives of GfH.
The numbers for posters (even/uneven) will be released in abstract volume which will be available online in the beginning of February.
Timeline for presentation